Monday, April 21, 2008

Toddler Bed for a Day


Leia doesn't like to stay in her crib. And she has just learned to climb out if she wants to. Also she likes to pretend sleep and asks to get in and out every five minutes some afternoons. With this we thought we would try making her crib to a toddler bed. She loved it and crawled in and out all day long, until bed time. Then we could not get her to sleep in it. It got to where she wanted to sleep on the floor instead of her bed. As soon as I put the crib back together she went right to bed with no complaints.

If only I could understand her mind.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I know someone online whose child started getting out of his crib. What she did was took the bottom of the crib out and set the mattress on the floor. It was really tight around the rails with no room to get trapped, so it ended up being a very safe option for their family, with the rails high enough that he couldn't escape! I'm trying to find a picture for you in case my description isn't very clear (which it probably isn't).

Carolyn said...

I found a picture of this woman's crib solution! It's really snug against the rail like I said before, so if you decide to do this, if there is any room at all for the mattress to wiggle, it could be dangerous. But it's something to think about trying.

http://tinyurl.com/5lvyjr